Your school ball is a night filled with unforgettable moments, and it's important to make those memories safely. While you’re busy making memories, it’s essential to prioritise safety. Here’s your comprehensive guide to staying safe and having a blast at your school ball:
Plan Your Transportation:
- Arrange a reliable ride to and from the venue.
- Explore group transportation options for a fun and secure journey.
- Ensure you have a safe and reliable ride home after the ball.
- Have a backup plan, just in case you need it!
Communicate Your Whereabouts:
- Share your evening plans with a trusted friend or family member.
- Keep your phone charged and have a backup charger ready.
Look Out for Each Other:
- Stick with a group of friends and watch out for one another.
- Use the buddy system when leaving the venue.
- Attend with friends you trust, so you have a support system if needed.
Know the Venue's Layout:
- Familiarise yourself with the event location and emergency exits.
- Locate essential facilities like restrooms and first aid stations.
- Choose shoes that allows you to move comfortably and confidently.
- Ensure your shoes won't cause discomfort or injuries on the dance floor.
- Check out Belle of the Ball’s shoe and dress rentals for comfortable and stylish wear
Respect the Rules:
- Follow any rules or guidelines set by your school or event organisers.
- Understand the consequences of violating these rules.
- Check out your school's rules related to pre and after-parties hosted by parents.
Be Prepared for Emergencies:
- Know what to do in case of an earthquake, including "drop, cover, and hold."
Guard Your Personal Information:
- Protect your personal information when interacting with others.
- Be mindful of what you share on social media during the event.
Trust Your Instincts:
- If something doesn't feel right, trust your instincts and seek help if necessary.
- School staff, security, and event organisers are there to assist you.
- Keep up with announcements and emergency procedures during the event.
- Know how to contact event staff or security if needed.
Plan for the After-Party:
- If attending an after-party, ensure it’s responsibly organised. Share details with your parents.
- Ensure you have a secure way to get there and back.
- Check your school's rules or guidelines regarding after-parties.
You Don't Have to Go:
- Remember, attending the school ball is a personal choice. No one should pressure you into attending.
Taking a date:
- If you're taking someone from outside if the school, be polite, inclusive, and introduce them to your friends.
- Make sure you know and trust your date, as you'll be responsible for their behaviour.
- If your date is someone you don't know well, discuss expectations, especially regarding intimacy.
Emergency Code Word:
- Establish an emergency code word to quickly communicate with your parents. Even just a letter or number that you can text to your parents if you’re in trouble or need to be picked up earlier than arranged.
- Drink water throughout the evening to stay refreshed.
- If you have food allergies, it's essential to plan ahead. Let the ball organizers know about your allergies, and always carry your EpiPen if needed. Check food labels for allergen information, and don't hesitate to ask catering staff about ingredients.
Your school ball is meant to be a night of fun, friendship, and laughter. By following these safety tips, you can have an incredible time while prioritising your well-being and that of your friends. Dance the night away, stay safe, and create wonderful memories. And do it wearing a Belle of the Ball dress - check out the full range.🕺💃 #PromSafety #DanceSecure #MemorableMoments #StaySafeAtProm